Stretch Yawn Waking Up
Is it possible for some of those who are genuinely awake to be immoral, unloving, un-compassionate, ignorant, stupid, desirous and just plain old nasty?
Yep, I believe it is! At first we may simply dismiss such a ridiculous assertion, but just because we wake up spiritually does not suddenly make us into spiritual saints and sages. I look at it this way…. there is a chance that if we are stupid before awakening it is quite possible that we are stupid after awakening too ~ just saying’!
The truth is that awakening holds nothing of benefit for an ego. Nothing. Not one thing. In fact, as authentic awakening is death to the ego, no ego in its right mind would want anything to do with authentic awakening, no matter what quality might arise.
The “me” wants to feel abiding peace and love; the “me” wants to be awake,
without realizing that the “me” is the dream that we are waking up from.
During the past few years, I have worked with some individuals who have a concept of awakening and yet struggle in authentic spiritual awakening because their heart is closed ; self-protection, self-preservation and lack of self-forgiveness. Its like a spiritual ego trip and chasing after a concept of awakening without realizing it, that it is actually the heart opening that brings it all together into unity.
Without an open heart, we never really connect with others or our true divine nature – its an empty awareness and it is too easy from that perspective to still fall back into old patterns, habits and behaviours.
The heart is what really completes the process of awakening as it removes the cold dryness and aloofness and retains our warmth and love for all humanity in the face of any reality.
An open heart is a state of being.
- You judge others harshly.
- You find faults in others.
- You avoid new experiences out of fear.
- You feel paralyzed.
- You feel stuck.
- You’re full of fear and doubt.
- You’re mean.
- You are critical of yourself and others.
- You show little affection to others.
- You are reserved and protected.
- You keep to yourself.
When our heart is open, we let love flow through us. We feel open, accepting and expansive.
- You have a song in your heart.
- You smile and laugh easily.
- You show affection towards others.
- You love to hug.
- You see the good in people.
- You ignore the “bad” in people.
- You are open to new experiences.
- You accept people just the way they are.
- You show interest in others.
- You are in love with life.
- You attract awesome situations and events into your life.
How would it change your life? What amaZing new experiences could you attract with this new, high-flying vibration?
An open heart IS what being awake is all about!
Stretch… yawn… Waking UP!